Driving ClassesAllwright’s School of Driving offers the classes you need to obtain your New York State driver’s license.
Five-Hour Prelicensing Class
The five-hour prelicensing class is required by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (NYS DMV) in order to schedule a road test. You MUST have your picture permit with you at the time of the class. Per DMV regulations, the temporary paper permit is not acceptable.
Allwright’s School of Driving offers a five-hour prelicensing class at their main location at 1560 Mt Hope Ave Rochester, NY 14620. We also have a convenient Greece location that is easy to find within the Greece Chamber of Commerce.
Pre Licensing Course Information
Classes are held several days weekly.
Class Requirements for Zoom Classes:
- Valid photo learner’s permit (or valid interim permit w/ valid nys dmv issued photo id)
- Electronic device with enabled camera and microphone (mobile devices should be fully charged and plugged in throughout class.
- Student is required to be on camera for the duration of class
- As per dmv regulations, please avoid unnecessary disruptions and distractions.
- Download the zoom app on your device and familiarize yourself with the aforementioned program before class
In-Person Class Requirements:
- Student must present a valid photo learner’s permit (or valid interim permit w/ valid NYS DMV issued photo id)
- Student must wear a face mask or covering for the duration of the class
How To Make An Appointment:
- Please call us at (585) 244-1304
- Please email a copy of your valid photo learner’s permit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To make a payment or for online payment options please call(585) 244-1304
Once we receive both a payment and permit, a link to the class will either be emailed or texted to the student.
Once class is completed, the student may pick up their certificates at our office on Mt. Hope Ave. Please present your learner’s permit. don’t forget your mask.
(Note: if you are unable to go to our office, please contact us at 585-244-1304 for another option).
Two Convenient Classroom Locations
Allwright’s School of Driving
1560 Mt Hope Ave
Rochester, NY 14620
Greece Chamber of Commerce
2402 W Ridge Rd
Rochester, NY 14626
**For dates, pricing, and registration please call 585-244-1304.
Six-Hour Defensive Driving Class
Online course now available! This is a New York State DMV approved course. Reduce up to 4 points on your driving record or 10% off your auto/motorcycle insurance premium for three years. Please note, this class is by appointment only.
Courses are non-refundable once purchased
Links to Enroll Online
If you cancel any class less than 24 hours in advance you will incur a nominal fee
5 and 6-hour courses are non-refundable once purchased